Yakiniku Don - Japanese Grilled Beef Bowl - Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, yakiniku don - japanese grilled beef bowl. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Yakiniku Don - Japanese Grilled Beef Bowl is probably the favorite food menus that are increasingly being sought by a lot of people with the internet. For anyone who is the one who needs the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking combined with ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You could have Yakiniku Don - Japanese Grilled Beef Bowl using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yakiniku Don - Japanese Grilled Beef Bowl
- You need 1/2 lb of ribeye/tenderloin beef.
- Make ready of Wasabi (optional).
- Take 4 of lettuce leaves (optional).
- Make ready of Yakiniku Sauce.
- Get 1/3 cup of soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce).
- It's 1/4 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of honey.
- Take 1/8 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/8 cup of orange juice.
- Get 1/8 cup of sake.
- It's 1 cup of grated apple.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
Yakiniku Don - Japanese Grilled Beef Bowl step by step
- First, you need to grate some ginger, garlic, and apple..
- How you slice your meat really depends on the cut of meat that you have. Yakiniku meat is usually cut up into smaller pieces, which is the perfect size for one bite. I'm cutting each piece of the meat about 1/4 inch thick and about 1.5" to 2" lengthwise. You can freeze the meat for about 30 minutes and that will make slicing easier..
- Chop some red-leaf lettuce. Veggies are optional. Some people just eat rice with the yakiniku meat. Other veggies you can use are iceberg or green leaf lettuce, sliced cucumbers, or steamed broccoli..
- In a pan, combine 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of mirin, 1/8 cup of honey, 1/8 cup of sugar, and 1/8 cup of sake. Turn on the heat and boil until the sugar is all dissolved. When the sauce is done, turn off the heat and let the sauce cool for about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of orange juice, 1 tbsp of grated ginger, 1 tbsp of grated garlic, and 1 tbsp of grated apple. And add 1 tbsp of sesame seeds. Not boiling these ingredients will maintain their optimum flavor. However, if you want to keep this sauce for up to two weeks, make sure to also boil orange juice, grated ginger, garlic, and apple. These fresh ingredients are perishable so boiling them will help extend the shelf life of the sauce..
- Grill the meat on both sides. Depending on how cooked you want your meat to be, grilling time will differ. I usually grill for about 30 seconds on each side. That makes the meat almost well done but still tender. If you freeze the meat before cutting, just make sure to let them warm up to room temp before grilling.
- To serve, create a bed of rice in your serving bowl. If you choose to have veggies, then lay some down in the center of the rice bed. Add a few pieces of grill meat on the top. Garnish with some sesame seed. Lastly, drizzle the yakiniku sauce, and there you have it..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food yakiniku don - japanese grilled beef bowl recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!