Korean-style Spicy Cucumber and Cellophane Noodle Salad - Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, korean-style spicy cucumber and cellophane noodle salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Korean-style Spicy Cucumber and Cellophane Noodle Salad is probably the favorite food menus that will be sought by many people throughout the internet. When you are the individual that wants the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to cook together with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You might cook Korean-style Spicy Cucumber and Cellophane Noodle Salad using 22 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Korean-style Spicy Cucumber and Cellophane Noodle Salad
- Make ready of Ingredients.
- Make ready 3 of Cucumber.
- You need 70 grams of Cellophane noodles (dried).
- You need 130 grams of Chicken breast.
- Get 20 of cm long, using only the outer skins Finely julienned leek (the white part only).
- You need 5 of to 6 cm long, roughly chopped Green onions or scallions.
- Make ready of Dressing.
- Get 3 of heaped teaspoons Gochujang.
- Take 1 1/2 of heaped teaspoons Sugar.
- Get 3 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It's 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Toasted white sesame seeds.
- Take 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of the leftover inside part whose outside is used for thinly julienned ones Roughly chopped Japanese leek.
- It's 1 of from about 8 slices Finely chopped ginger.
- You need 1 clove of Chopped garlic.
- It's 1 of just 1 dash Grated garlic.
- Get 1 of heaped tablespoon Korean chili powder (fine).
- Get of Other ingredients.
- Make ready 1 of to tatse Salt, sake and black pepper for chicken poaching liquid.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame oil for the cellophane noodles.
- Prepare 3 pinch of Korean chili powder for finishing (coarse, optional).
Step by step to make Korean-style Spicy Cucumber and Cellophane Noodle Salad
- I like to use thick cellophane noodles for this recipe. They keep their shape..
- Slice the cucumbers slightly thickly and diagonally. Soak in salted water for about 2 minutes. Rinse and drain well or pat dry..
- If your cucumbers have a lot of seeds or are too ripe, scrape the seeds with a spoon. Then soak in the salted water..
- Add salt, pepper and sake to the water for poaching the chicken breast. Add the leftover Japanese leek too. Put in the chicken breast and bring to the boil over a high heat. After bringing to the boil, turn the heat down to low and cook for about 1minute..
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. After cooling take the chicken out of the poaching liquid and shred the meat..
- Cook the noodles following the instructions and rinse. Drain well (or squeeze) and mix with a little sesame oil to prevent from sticking to each other..
- These are the prepared ingredients..
- These are the vegetables for the dressing -Ginger, garlic and the core of the leftover Japanese leek. Except from the Japanese leek, chop the vegetables finely..
- Mix the vegetables with the other seasonings to make the dressing..
- Mix well and add a tiny amount of grated garlic. Do not forget this..
- When you finish the preparation chill everything in the fridge. Lukewarm ingredients won't make a tasty salad..
- Just before serving. Take 3 tablespoons of the dressing and mix the noodles with it. Mix roughly with your hand and transfer to a serving plate..
- Put the cucumber and chicken breast into the dressing bowl and mix well with your hands..
- Add the Japanese leek at the end. Mix with your hands. Transfer to the serving plate..
- Place the thinly julienned white part of the Japanese leek and Korean chili powder on top. Done..
- It looks very red, but it's actually not as spicy hot as it looks. Gochijang may be the hottest thing in the whole dish?.
- According to the kids there are different spiciness in the chili. Check the taste first and adjust..
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food korean-style spicy cucumber and cellophane noodle salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!