Butternut soup - Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, butternut soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut soup is just about the favorite food menus that are being sought by many people with the internet. For anyone who is the one that is looking to get the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking and also the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing butternut squash soup recipe is fall comfort food at its best. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and winter months.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You could have Butternut soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut soup
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- Take 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Get 4 cups of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- Make ready 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- It's of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
Steps to make Butternut soup
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food butternut soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!