Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter - Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, fried chicken wings with spicy honey butter. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter is among the favorite food menus that are sought by a lot of people over the internet. When you are the one that needs the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook with the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You might cook Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter
- Prepare of For the chicken and brine:.
- It's 6 tablespoons of Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
- Get 2 of 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper.
- Take 5 pounds of chicken wings and drumettes.
- Make ready of For the breading and frying:.
- You need of Canola oil, for deep-frying.
- You need 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Lawry's Seasoning Salt.
- It's 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need of For the spicy honey butter:.
- Prepare 115 g of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Cholula hot sauce (sorry, it has to be Cholula).
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare of For oven roasted sweet potato wedges.
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lawry's seasoned salt.
- You need 680 g of small sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch thick wedges.
Step by step to make Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter
- Brine the chicken: In a really big pot or a 2-gallon zip-top plastic bag, combine 10 cups cold water, the seasoning salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24..
- Bread and fry the chicken: Fill a soup pot with 6 inches of oil, making sure there are at least 4 inches of clearance between the oil and the lip of the pot..
- Heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 365°F on a deep-fry thermometer, or prepare a deep fryer according to the manufacturer's instructions..
- In a big bowl, combine the flour, seasoning salt, and cayenne. A few at a time, remove the wings from the brine and toss them in the flour mixture until coated really well, then place on a baking sheet while you coat the rest..
- When the oil is ready, turn the heat up to medium-high and carefully slip in the wings, adding just enough so that there's still plenty of space around each wing..
- Fry the wings until golden and crispy, about 13 minutes per batch. Drain the wings on plenty of paper towels. Fry the remaining chicken, letting the oil come back to temperature between batches..
- Make the spicy honey butter: While the chicken is frying, in a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Cholula, honey, and salt until incorporated. Taste and add more salt if necessary..
- Slather the wings with the spicy honey butter and serve..
- For oven roasted sweet potato wedges: Preheat oven to 200ºC. Heat oil on large shallow baking pan in oven until very hot, but not smoking, about 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peak form. Gently stir in seasoned salt until combined. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat well..
- Remove baking pan from oven, being careful not to spill hot oil. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer, flat side down, on baking pan..
- Roast 25 - 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned, turning halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with additional seasoned salt, if desired..
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food fried chicken wings with spicy honey butter recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!