My Own Special Sweet Potato Bakes - Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, my own special sweet potato bakes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My Own Special Sweet Potato Bakes is just about the favorite food menus that will be sought by many people from the internet. In case you are the individual that is seeking the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how to prepare together with the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You may cook My Own Special Sweet Potato Bakes using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Own Special Sweet Potato Bakes
- Make ready 500 of to 600 grams Sweet potatoes (2 medium or 1 large).
- Prepare 25 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 90 of to 100 ml Milk and heavy cream (ratio to your liking).
- Make ready 20 grams of Sugar free (aspartame).
- Make ready 1 pinch of Salt.
- It's 1 of Egg yolk.
- It's 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- Get of For glazing:.
- Get 1 of Egg yolk.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Water.
Steps to make My Own Special Sweet Potato Bakes
- Here's the sugar-free sweetner ("Pal Sweet") that I use - same sweetness with sugar, but 90% low in calories with zero sugar..
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small chunks. Soak in water for 20 minutes..
- Put that into a microwave-safe container. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave until soft. *It's usually 7 minutes at 600 W, flip it over for another 5 minutes, then steam in the microwave for 3 minutes..
- Transfer the sweet potatoes into a bowl and mash while it's hot..
- Pass it through a strainer. *It's actually easier to do this after Step 6 - it's up to you..
- Put the sweet potatoes and butter into a pan. Knead well. Add milk, heavy cream, PAL sweet, and salt. Cook over low heat. *60 ml milk, 30 ml heavy cream..
- Let's taste. Sometimes the sweet potatoes aren't sweet enough, so increase the amount of sugar if necessary..
- *You could also add some honey (unlisted) to improve the taste. In that case, use less sugar!.
- Mix well to remove excess moisture. When it's thick, turn the heat off. *Ideally, it shouldn't stick to your finger when touched, but it's alright if it's slightly sticky!.
- Leave aside to cool down slightly. Now add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix well. *If you add the egg yolk immediately after removing from the heat, it will harden the batter!.
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Divide the batter into your preferred sizes. Shape into an half-oval..
- Mix egg yolk into water for the egg wash. Brush it onto the surface of the sweet potatoes. *Don't use it all up or throw it away - you will use it again later..
- Bake for 30 minutes in 180°C oven. *After 20 minutes, take it out and brush on the egg wash again. Continue baking for another 10 minutes..
- Done. It's the most delicious when freshly baked. When it's gone cold, just heat in a toaster oven. This will improve the taste and brown the tops nicely..
- Also check out my recipe for "Cocoa Pudding" using sugar-free sweetener..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food my own special sweet potato bakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!