Breakfast Casserole - Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, breakfast casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Breakfast Casserole has become the favorite food menus that have been sought by many people people over the internet. If you're the one that wants the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to cook together with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
Find easy breakfast casserole recipes you can whip up for overnight guests or make ahead in your crock pot. Pick from popular recipes like hash brown casserole and sausage breakfast casserole. From savory to sweet, breakfast casserole recipes are a perennial brunch favorite, and for good While we've been careful to include your favorite traditional breakfast casserole recipes, we've also.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have Breakfast Casserole using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Breakfast Casserole
- It's 20 oz of hash browns (thawed).
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/3 c of milk (or 1 can evaporated milk).
- Get 1/2 t of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 t of salt.
- It's 1/3 t of pepper.
- Get 1 lb of sausage.
- Take 8 oz of mushroom.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Take 1/4 of onion.
- Take 1-2 of Roma tomatoes.
- You need 2 c of shredded cheese.
Breakfast Casserole in depth
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pull all the ingredients out (mis en place!) so cooking can be done smoothly. Ingredients are listed in order of use. Spray the 9x13 pan or whatever dish you're cooking in..
- If you prefer a more cooked flavor/texture to the hash browns (potatoes/tator tots, etc) like I do, I actually set this up ahead of everything else. Place in the oven and cook until all other ingredients are ready..
- Combine eggs and milk, whisking until homogeneous. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and steak seasoning. Or any other seasonings you prefer! Set aside..
- Clean and prep the veggies for cooking. Roughly looking for small to medium dice (1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces). See pictures of cooking mushrooms, bell peppers and onions below for visual reference..
- Brown the sausage. I prefer maple sausage, as it gives so much extra flavor! Plus, turkey maple sausage is also great if you want a healthier option. Lightly salt and pepper the sausage, I also use some onion powder. Once cooked, drain most of the fat, leaving some to cook the mushrooms. Sprinkle some garlic powder and steak seasoning on the mushrooms. Add some olive oil (or preferred cooking oil) if needed and sauté until cooked..
- Optional step. Can leave these raw like the tomatoes* Drizzle oil in the same pan, and lightly cook the onion and bell pepper. As seen in the pictures, any color of bell pepper works, whatever your preference! I use 1-1 1/2 bell peppers total depending on the size. I like twice as much as the onion. I also use sweet onions for preference..
- Once everything else is cooked, pull the hash browns out of the oven. Pile on the ingredients, using half the cheese. Spread out and mix until everything looks evenly incorporated throughout the dish..
- Do a final whisk on the egg mixture and pour over everything else. Sprinkle on the remainder of the cheese..
- Cook for 55-65 minutes. Allow to cool, eat and enjoy! Can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days, freezer up to 4 months..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food breakfast casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!