Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF - Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, vickys christmas yule log, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF is among the favorite food menus that are now being sought by many people with the internet. In case you are the one who needs the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook and also the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can easily have Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF
- Take 1 of This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows:.
- Take 240 grams of plain flour.
- It's 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp of bicarb of soda/baking soda.
- It's 30 ml of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/2 of medium avocado, well mashed.
- Make ready 240 ml of water.
- It's 120 grams of sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Buttercream Icing.
- You need 150 grams of dairy-free spread/pure margarine/butter.
- It's 250 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of cocoa powder or to taste.
- Prepare of Ganache.
- Get 150 ml of double / heavy / coconut cream.
- Get 150 grams of good quality dark chocolate.
Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a shallow tin such as for brownies or swiss roll with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, soda, vinegar then vanilla. Mix until well frothed up then add to the cake batter. Don't overmix or you'll knock all the air out.
- Quickly pour into the shallow cake tin and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until JUST ALMOST done or you won't be able to roll it.
- Lay another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the sponge. Use the bottom paper to roll the sponge over jelly/swiss roll style so the top piece of paper is rolled inside. Don't roll too tight or the cake will crack when you undo it. Let cool 15 minutes then unroll carefully - you are not rolling it completely flat, that will break it. Just loosening it.
- Make up buttercream icing by creaming the butter, sugar and cocoa (you might like more cocoa in it) together, remove the paper and spread on top of the sponge, then roll back up again. Cover the whole sponge including ends in the rest of the buttercream.
- Drag a fork long ways across the 'log' to make the bark of the wood effect. Don't forget the ends, Do those grains circle fashion. Put the cake in the fridge to harden the buttercream.
- To make the ganache for the top, first chop up the chocolate quite small. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and as soon as it does, take the pan off the heat and whisk in the chocolate. At this stage you could add a tsp of rum, orange essence or any other flavouring but it's not necessary.
- Let the ganache cool to the point where it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream icing but is still spreadable and put into a piping bag.
- Take the log out of the fridge and pipe the ganache all over remembering the ends. It should settle into the grooves you already made nicely but you can gently go over them again if you want to. Put back into the fridge to harden.
- When ready to serve give a dusting of powdered sugar. Traditionally these are decorated to resemble forests with lots of greenery on top.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vickys christmas yule log, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!