Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup - Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, sausage lentil vegetable soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup has become the favorite food menus that are being sought by many people through the internet. If you're the individual that wants the recipe information, then this can be the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to smoke combined with ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You may cook Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup
- Get 10 cups of chicken broth (Better Than Bullion is a favorite!).
- Take 1-2 lbs of sausage (Dealers choice! I use pork, mild or hot.).
- Get 1 of large chopped onion (Any type will work. Use your favorite.).
- Get 3 stalks of chopped celery.
- Prepare 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Make ready 2 T of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 T of Herbs De Provence (Please try to find/use this herb combo!).
- You need 8 oz of dried lentils (Your choice, any type.).
- Prepare 2 cups of diced fresh uncooked yams.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen green peas.
- Make ready 2 cups of frozen (4 cups of fresh) spinach.
- Prepare 7 oz of can chopped green chilis (Mild or Hot).
- Take 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- Take 3 T of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 T of local/favorite honey.
- You need of Salt/Pepper to taste.
Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, prepare broth..
- Dice onions and celery. Mince garlic..
- In skillet, sweat the onions, celery, and garlic until the onions become slightly translucent. Add entire contents of skillet to stock pot..
- Prepare the sausage. If using links, consider taking the casings off. I do. Or, you can use loose sausage. Make small 2" meatballs and, using a large spoon, carefully drop into the boiling broth. Cook for 20 mins. on medium heat. The meat doesn't have to thoroughly cook, it just needs to firm up in the broth..
- Add the yams, peas, chili's, and Herbs De Provence. Cook for 30 mins..
- Add the lentils. Cook for 45 mins..
- Add the cider vinegar, honey, and spinach. After returning to a boil, cook for 20 min..
- If the soup has too many veggies, no harm in adding more broth. If too much broth for your taste, try adding carrots or purple potatoes. I like to serve with a warm, seedy, crusty bread..
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sausage lentil vegetable soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!