Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken - Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, slow cooker korean style spicy soy sauce chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken has become the favorite food menus that have been sought by many people people through the internet. In case you are the individual that wants the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. We convey the steps to how to prepare with the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You might cook Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken
- Prepare 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I think drums and thighs are best).
- Get 1/2 of a medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Make ready 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Take 1/2 of a bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squared pieces.
- Take 1/4 cup of soy sauce to start.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of gochujang (Korean red chili paste) Sriracha is an imperfect but also delicious substitute.
- Take 3-5 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your food.
- Get 1/2 cup of dry-ish white wine or sake if you've got some laying around.
- You need 1/2 cup of water (if you don't have the wine, then it's 1 cup water).
Step by step to make Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken
- Dump everything into your slow cooker and, with your hands, give everything a gentle turn and massage so you mix and distribute your seasonings evenly. If you have up to an hour to let everything sit before turning on the slow cooker, great. That'll help the flavors absorb into the chicken..
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, high for 5 to 7, keeping in mind the note at the top of the recipe. An hour or two before eating is a good time to adjust the seasoning so the added flavors can absorb - more soy sauce if you want it saltier, a little more sugar if you'd like it sweeter, more gochujang if you want it hotter (though the gochujang is also a salty flavoring element, so you might want to add some fresh or dried chilies if you want to increase heat without increasing the salt..
- Because there is minimal liquid in the recipe to prevent a soupy flavor and texture, it would be ideal to be able to give everything a stir and redistribute the chicken at between 2 and 4 hours before eating so all parts of the chicken pieces can soak up the flavor. If you can't manage that because of your schedule, then doing it right when you get home and hopefully at least 30 minutes to an hour before you eat will help..
- Enjoy with some steamed white rice or noodles of choice. :).
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food slow cooker korean style spicy soy sauce chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!